Boston Education, Skills & Training (BEST) Hospitality Training Center
Medford (Wellington Station), MA. Since March 2020, all of our services have been virtual.
We are a non-profit education and training program for hospitality workers in Boston. The majority of our students are adult immigrants who work in Boston’s union hotels. Our mission is to provide our students with the skills and training to excel in the hospitality industry and in their personal lives.
BEST Hospitality Training is looking for a 2021 summer intern for 20-25 hours/week. The position is primarily a remote position. The intern’s duties and projects will be designed in collaboration with his/her supervisor and will depend on the individual’s interests, skills, and experience.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Providing online one-on-one tutoring to students in English, citizenship, technology skills
- Assisting teachers in online English/citizenship/tech classes and workshops
BEST will capitalize on the strengths that an intern brings to the table and we look forward to helping future interns develop their skills through projects that interest them most. Other potential projects could include:
- Creating a student journal to document class projects
- Planning and leading an English class/a workshop, depending on previous teaching experience
- Developing content for BEST website, including photos, videos and client profiles
Last year, our summer interns created and led workshops about improving speaking through online video stories, conversations, and songs. They helped plan a virtual field trip, virtual end of cycle celebration, and also created our first digital student journal.
Experience that is helpful:
- Tutoring or teaching experience
- Knowledge of a second language
- Familiarity using virtual meeting platforms and online teaching/learning tools
This position is not paid however BEST is happy to support the proposal of any applicant for funding through their college or university. In addition, BEST offers valuable experience in teaching, working with nonprofits, technology, and much more.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact Rose London or Huiling Chen with your resume and cover letter.
Americorps Member, English Instructor and Volunteer Coordinator