Service and Support Center Specialist – Bilingual (English/Spanish) – Remote
Requisition #: req5950
Location: Remote (within the US)
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
The Service and Support Center Specialist provides excellent customer service to all incoming questions, concerns, and leads. This includes phone calls, online inquiries, live chat, and social media.
The Service and Support Center Specialist is also responsible for processing and maintaining information in databases to ensure accurate record keeping of all inquires.
This position is expected to function effectively with moderate supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to all incoming questions, concerns and leads through calls, chats, social media, and emails; gathering information and routing to appropriate department or staff as needed;
- Actively listens to customer and applies problem solving skills to assist in meeting customer needs;
- Research information in databases to assist customers;
- Educate and assist all customers with understanding of policies and processes;
- Process, maintain and update records in database;
- Provides a high level of service and support to all incoming questions, concerns, and leads;
- Escalates calls to management staff as necessary;
- Follow protocol to ensure seamless transition of leads from their team to the branches;
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines;
- Assist in the implementation of process improvements across the Service and Support Team, as well as branches when necessary;
- Maintains active involvement with incoming leads and regularly performs Service and Support Representative duties;
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least two (2) years of experience in customer relations;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Previous customer service, call center, retail, service industry, sales, telemarketing, metric driven environments experience preferred;
- Must be able to perform data entry while multi-tasking, possess good problem-solving skills and computer abilities using multiple systems;
- Prior work experience responding to questions, comments, and complaints via multiple channels including email, phone, online, and social media;
- Excellent writing, communication, and computer skills;
- Prior experience with ClickUp, BrandFolder, Hubspot, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Raiser’s Edge, a plus;
- Ability to effectively deal with difficult or challenging situations;
- Experience responding to online reviews and reputation management, a plus;
- Must possess strong attention to detail and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize with tight deadlines;
- Must exercise a high level of confidentiality and integrity;
- Must possess an ability to work well under pressure and be adaptable to change;
- Prior work experience in child and family welfare agency, a plus;
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Must pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.