Vermont-Based Luxury Spirits Business in Search of a Business Analyst Intern with Full-Time Opportunity Offer Available
Bhakta Spirits is a forward-looking, family-owned luxury brand founded by accomplished entrepreneur and founder of WhistlePig, Raj Peter Bhakta. Everything we do is full of character. Based out of our recently purchased college campus in Vermont, we currently offer the finest and rarest spirits portfolio on the market. With this foundation, Raj is committed to constructing the finest and most dominant spirits company in the world.
At our core, we are committed to building a community of entrepreneurial minds and exciting ventures to fuel the optimistic revitalization of our region. As an able team of innovators in the food/beverage, entertainment, hospitality, and education spheres, we possess all the resources necessary to excel in this broad scope.
Here’s where you come in.
Raj is searching for a collaborative and tech-savvy analyst to help execute the brand’s E-Commerce and Traditional Sales strategy. While the spirits world has been slow to catch up to the E-Commerce boom, Raj sees it as a vital piece to skyrocketing our brand growth.
With data analytics experience, business instincts, and most importantly, an interest in measuring and improving our online sales strategy across various digital platforms, you will work directly with Raj, our Director of E-Commerce, and our Director of Sales to launch, build out, and master an industry-defining E-Commerce and Business Analytics program.
Our founder, Raj Peter Bhakta, grew WhistlePig into America’s premier luxury rye whiskey brand — a business worth hundreds of millions. Now, just as he revived rye whiskey, he is doing the same for French Armagnac.
In 2019, Raj purchased the Ryst-Dupeyron Château in Condom, France, along with the family’s historic collection of Armagnac brandy. Bhakta Spirits and our flagship product, BHAKTA 50, were born. Blending vintages dating back to 1868, the whisky-finished Armagnac has a 50-year age statement and starting price point of $300.
We have secured the rarest spirit on the market, and our new portfolio will only grow from here. Our properties certainly have …
In August 2020, Raj bought a college … yes, a college. With his acquisition of Green Mountain College, a former liberal arts school, Raj is transforming the 125-acre property into a site for economic, educational, and agricultural revival. Though no students currently reside on campus, the Bhakta ethos has already begun to breathe life back into the property.
Beyond our campus in Poultney, Vermont, we have a farm just to the north in Shoreham; a thousand-acre sugarcane and cattle farm in Vero Beach, Florida; and a château in Condom, France. Across all of our properties, we produce the grapes, apples, grain, and gusto that are the foundation of our spirits ecosystem.
Job Description and Qualifications:
This is one of several internships available, all of which can start as early as April 2021, last for 4-5 months, and can extend into a full time position based in Vermont. It will be based on our college campus in the quaint mountain town of Poultney, Vermont.
The position may include occasional travel to our farm and vineyard in Shoreham, our Florida ranch, and the French château. All necessary travel expenses will be covered.
- Help establish the business analytical framework for our team: partner with sales and marketing teams to define measurement approaches, quantify and evaluate success, develop KPIs and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting.
- Participate in and sometimes lead all phases of analytic work: from problem definition to representation of results.
- Generate visualizations and dashboards that keep our team on the right path and inform major business development decisions.
- Run regular tests and discrepancy checks against all data sets to ensure continuity in accuracy and quality of data.
- Overall, directly support the day-to-day and long-term business strategy for our growing brand.
- Working towards or completed a bachelor’s degree in a field with an emphasis on statistical and analytical skills, such as Math, Finance, or Computer Science.
- Experience in developing data analysis and visualization.
- Ability to analyze company databases to provide software recommendations.
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Analytics, and Facebook Ad Manager.
- Ability to craft KPI dashboards and data reports.
- Superior planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, driven for the best output, creative thinker and solution-oriented.
- Willing to take the leap on a unique, out of the ordinary experience. We look for those who create their own paths.
What we’re offering:
- We are offering a $650 bi-weekly stipend, full room and board, course credit if needed, and bonus potential.
- This is an internship with opportunity to extend or grow into a full time position based in VT.
- Interns live at Green Mountain College in Poultney, VT. Our facilities include a fully equipped weight room, basketball gym, indoor olympic-sized pool, and athletic fields, as well as a (currently frozen) river, a library, and miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking, and cross-country skiing.
How to apply:
- In one file, please send in a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- After you apply, expect to hear back from our team shortly.
- Final stage candidates will interview with our Founder, Raj Bhakta.
Our Unique Work Environment:
While many companies have been forced to work via Zoom, thanks to our spacious campus and rural setting, we’re lucky enough to work in-person. Though we’re a company steeped in history, we have little regard for conventions. Planning sessions frequently occur during walk-and-talk hikes on the college’s trail network or up local mountains, and, from time to time, you may be asked to help make snowmen with Raj and his kids.
Ancillary duties may include: work and research related to the college project, feeding the horses, chickens, and kittens, taking the kids skiing or for a snowmobile ride, helping on the bottling line, or chopping wood.
In short, it is a frenetic environment where philosophical discussions coexist with manual labor in the great outdoors, all under the aegis of progress and excellence. Expect plenty of opportunities for mentorship, guidance, debate, and outside-of-the-box thinking.