As one of the nation’s largest mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) is committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. Our work is both impactful and urgent so we are constantly looking for the best team members to join our mission.
Our BBBSEM internships provide a unique opportunity to gain knowledge of how a nonprofit agency works and operates, as well as tangible learning, knowledge and professional skills experience by working within different functions at our agency.
This Intern will work alongside the Marketing and recruiting teams and be responsible for a variety of facets of promoting BBBSEM. At the end of the internship, the Intern will have gained experience in areas such as content creation (social media, blog, press releases), media pitching, relationship management, content calendar management, and more!
- Generating blog posts for our BLOG and other content and creative as needed
- Interviewing local Big Brothers, Big Sisters, and family members in the program for potential stories
- Help the team with in-depth research of top corporate targets
- Work off a list of corporate leads to make connections within assigned companies
- Develop content related to upcoming recruitment events including, but not limited to, promotional flyers, presentations, and follow-up materials
- Local media pitching
- Participating in discussions around marketing communications and strategies
- Must be a current college student and enrolled in school
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Availability to work at 12-15 flexible hours per week for the duration of the school semester
- Hours may sometimes include evenings and weekends
- Must be available to work from our downtown office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (excel, powerpoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service; volunteer coordination experience a plus
- Professional writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Salesforce and design software is a plus
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can do” attitude
- Access to reliable transportation to attend night or weekend meetings/events; access to a car and a valid driver’s license preferred