The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting with the consolidated financial budgets/forecasts. This person works with senior management highlighting and reporting on variances from budget and prior forecast.
The Financial Analyst works closely with the corporate accounting to ensure proper expense recognition and compliance with internal controls.
The Financial Analyst will work with senior management on all aspects of fundraising for this private company.
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal and external resources as needed on finance-related issues, including government contract and supports adherence to relevant regulatory/compliance requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
.Job Description:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and updates the global consolidated budget.
- Supports corporate accounting requirements, ensure proper expense recognition, and compliance with internal controls.
- Supports the reporting manager and business key stakeholders in other activities as assigned.
- Supports all aspects of fundraising, including investor targeting, valuations and competitive analysis
- May interact with external service providers to ensure proper invoicing, expense recognition or other finance-related activities.
- Prepares and distributes Budget Variance Analysis (BVA) reports and preforms analysis of current vs. annual plans.
- Maintains and updates monthly accruals files and supports vendor invoice adjudication
- Maintains close communication with senior management to ensure timely understanding of risk factors that may impact forecasts.
- Maintains standard reporting tools to help identify key risks and opportunities.
- Prepares applicable management reporting, KPI and audit schedules as necessary.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management. This may include special projects/ad hoc financial analyses as necessary.
* Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
* Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience performing modeling, forecasting and budgeting-related financial activities.
- Solid accounting and financial reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability to approach assignments with intellectual curiosity and analytical mindset, particularly as it relates to process improvement and business effectiveness.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a rapidly evolving team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.