This position will be part of the Medical Health Outcomes Research team within Worldwide Medical at Biogen. This co-op is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in real-world evidence generation and its application to research, medical and commercial issues.
This position will be part of the Medical Health Outcomes Research team within Worldwide Medical at Biogen. The primary responsibility of the Health Outcomes Researcher is to support project lead in plan, design and execution of Real World Evidence (RWE) studies to develop and demonstrate the value of Biogen’s marketed and pipeline products to scientific, clinical and payer stakeholders.
Who You Are
You enjoy working in a highly matrixed / cross functional global research environment. You have good training on RWE studies such as writing protocols, conducting literature searches, writing draft analysis plans, and programming. You have an interest in using real-world evidence (RWE) data sources (e.g., claims, EHR, registries) to support launch readiness and demonstrating product value over the product’s lifecycle.
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience using Real World Data sources in healthcare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of existing databases, strengths and weaknesses, inherent coding systems such as ICD-9/ICD-10, NDC, CPT, HCPCS etc.
- Proficiency in conducting targeted literature reviews and landscape assessment to inform decision-making.
- Expertise in study design using a variety of Real World Data sources (such as claims, EMRs, registry data etc.) for research purposes.
- Good understanding of statistical methodologies commonly used in analyzing Real World Data sources and ability to write high-quality study protocols/SAPs.
- Strong programming skills in SAS and/or R are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate within a large organization.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) students in epidemiology, public health, HEOR, biostatistics or related field. Advanced PhD students past qualifying exams are preferred.