During the fall and spring semesters, internships are part-time and paid. Interns will receive stipend of $3,000. Applicants must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate program or a recent graduate. Fall and spring internship hours are flexible, allowing students to gain valuable experience while maintaining their regular class schedules. Interns will provide functional support, conduct research, and work directly with project analysts and staff in various capacities. *Please note that our Spring internship will be virtual with the option of hybrid work*
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until a qualified candidate has been identified. Please do not send multiple submissions. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the number of applications received, we are unable to contact those who have not been selected for an internship. No phone calls, please. Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply but must have a valid work permit or visa verifying eligibility to work in the United States. We do not offer visa sponsorship.
Required materials (in one PDF File):
- Cover letter tailored to the team(s) you are applying for
- College or university transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Phone and email contact information for two professional references, including a professor or other individual familiar with your work.
- Brief response to our Diversity statement on what it means to you (5-8 sentences)
- 2-3 page writing sample
• Spring Internships: November 12th
BPC Diversity Statement
The Bipartisan Policy Center defines diversity as the range of human qualities that make us unique as individuals, including—but not limited to—age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression, geographic location, nationality, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
To celebrate diversity and ensure equity and inclusivity, BPC is committed to:
• Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce with insights and solutions for our increasingly divided society.
• Creating a workplace culture where all employees feel valued and their perspectives are heard.
• Developing policy solutions and undertaking research that reflect a diversity of thought and experience.
These commitments will help us to fulfill our mission and foster bipartisanship more effectively.
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. As such, the Bipartisan Policy Center is requiring all newly hired staff members to be fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation for medical, religious, or other reasons will be considered in accordance with applicable law.