BlocksCAD Sales Summer Intern
Company description: BlocksCAD is a Boston based Edtech startup making a difference in how students learn math and coding. Our signature product, BlocksCAD, is a web-based programmatic CAD tool that helps address math and computer science standards in the context of traditional math curriculum. Students use blocks-based coding to select and manipulate 2D and 3D shapes. BlocksCAD encourages users to learn spatial reasoning and computational thinking through visualization and designing 3D models. BlocksCAD is looking for team players interested in being part of an early stage start-up who embrace the challenge of being on the cutting edge of how students learn.
BlocksCAD is looking for a motivated Sales Associate to join our growing team this summer. This position is responsible for identifying and connecting with decision makers in K-12 school districts over the phone, through email communication, and via online presentations. S/he will meet clear key performance indicators including sales goals and behaviors. The Sales Associate will identify new leads, make initial contact on behalf of BlocksCAD, and maintain communication in order to build strong relationships and sell BlocksCAD offerings. Hourly compensation will be offered.
- Work with sales leadership to engage in sales opportunities from prospecting to closing.
- Manage and grow an accurate sales funnel in line with company goals and metrics, providing detailed records and insights from all communication in BlocksCAD’s CRM.
- Maintain and grow BlocksCAD’s portfolio of contacts, schools, and districts.
- Qualify existing and prospective clients through email and phone outreach.
- Build and maintain client relationships through follow up communication with existing customer base at least once per quarter, or more frequently for high-priority customers.
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and outreach strategy, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Keep an open line of communication with other team members.
- Sales or Business major attending a Massachusetts college or university
- Prior success selling. Experience in enterprise sales is prefered.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Possess the aptitude for detail-oriented tasks, while not losing sight of larger goals.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and balance responsibilities as needed.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including some nights.
- Experience working with a CRM, ideally Pipedrive.
Note: This position is remote.