Why Intern at Health Care Service Corporation?
- Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
** This ten-week paid internship is located in Chicago, IL. **
What Are Your Responsibilities?
- This role will assist with data analytics, reporting and project coordination for multiple initiatives for the Customer Service Division. Creating reports, pulling and updating reports to share with stakeholders while identifying and documenting trends. Presenting statistics and performance results in a visually meaningful way. Tracking departmental attrition data. Monitoring self-service and call containment trends. Conducting inventory of virtual and in-office staffing footprint across service sites. Additional project support, administrative tasks and ad hoc requests to support business needs.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Prior Intern or work experience in Healthcare, Data Analysis, Project Coordination or Reporting is a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical, developed PC skills, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Teams, SharePoint and Outlook
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Supply Chain, Operations, or other related degree program
- Graduation date between December 2021 – June 2022
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
- Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real-world hands-on project
- Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities