Why Intern at Health Care Service Corporation?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
** This ten-week paid internship is located in Richardson, TX. **
What Are the Team’s Responsibilities?
This team is responsible for learning specific aspects of the Sales/Marketing operations; and assisting in or supporting Sales Representatives/Account Management personnel in the prospecting, acquiring or renewing business.
What Are Your Responsibilities?
– Support Sales/Account Management personnel to assist in prospecting, acquiring or retaining business.
– May conduct research for prospective business by internal sources, external agencies, or reviewing RFPs.
– Research inquiries received from customers, Brokers, or company representatives and assist in problem solving.
– Relay information to Sales or Account Management personnel or responds directly to customer or company representative.
– May coordinate meetings.
– Prepare documentation for prospective or existing customers. Review forms received for completeness.
– Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
– Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
– Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
– Analytical and math skills
– Ability to learn quickly and provide feedback; ability to represent company in sales or account management
– PC proficiency and skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
– Interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; telephone, public relations and customer skills; composing presentations, and summarizing findings
– Previous internship experience preferred
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
– Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Economics or Healthcare
– Graduation date between December 2021 – June 2022
– A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
– Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
– Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
– Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
– Challenging real-world hands-on project
– Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
– Professional development workshops
– Business Resource Group involvement
– Volunteer activities