Application Developer, Experienced – Automation is responsible for creating and enhancing automation software/tools to support Facets Configuration and Business Configuration Reporting and Metrics.
Application Developer, Experienced reports to the manager of Business Configuration Automation Team. The position is available to work out of the greater Sacramento area. It will be required to come into El Dorado Hills, CA as needed, based on location of residence.
- Develops user interfaces, application programs using the technical specifications and applies design pattern
- Writes and executes unit test scenarios for development and integrated environments
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across integrated systems.
- Has a detailed understanding of standard IT concepts, practices, procedures, policies, and guidelines
- Performs tasks ranging from moderate to complex variation and difficulty
- Ability to work across 1-2 technology platforms or stacks
- Works on 1-2 moderately complex projects simultaneously
- Recommends ways to improve code quality and system/component availability
- May identify ways of improving the timely completion of projects and services
- Performs root cause analysis and suggests remediation for commonly occurring issues
- Works under some supervision with instructions
- Reviews objectives and assignment details with senior level staff to ensure a thorough understanding of them
- Work is monitored at checkpoints while underway and all work is reviewed upon completion
Knowledge and Experience
- Effective Verbal and written Communication with peers
- Participates in peer code reviews
- Intermediate level User Interface Design, Application Programming Skills, and development methodologies (data structures, algorithms, and design patterns)
- Detailed understanding and experience with Software Debugging and integration techniques (API, Services, SOA, REST)
- 100% Development and unit testing moderate code complexity for new enhancements and to fix defects based on detailed specifications.
- Expert knowledge in SQL and writing queries
- Experienced in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), PowerShell, SVN/Git Repository, and JIRA
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in IT
- 3+ years’ experience in computer related support field.
- Requires practical knowledge of business configuration, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience and 3 years of prior relevant experience.