MSAT Co-Op/Full-Time Intern
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter – patients and our people. When you join the nest, you’re not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that’s soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across 7 countries with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our flock and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Vector Manufacturing flock is all about getting stuff done, working collaboratively, and advancing our technology. As a part of our evolving and dynamic college program, you’ll have a chance to work with some of the brightest birds in the business, striving to make real impact for our patients and our people. Come gain experiential hands-on knowledge with a group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an MSAT Co-Op/Full-Time Intern bird reporting to Charlotte Cooper, you’ll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene and cell therapy approach in our new vector manufacturing facility in North Carolina’s Research Triangle. As part of our college program, you will have responsibilities for critical aspects of the new facility startup. The focus of this position is to provide support to the MSAT team of Process Engineers and Specialists as well as other functions within the broader team as we bring the facility online for our innovative gene therapy products.
· Support Process Tech Transfer with activities such as: document authoring/review, data collection/verification utilizing Excel and PI Data Historian, process walk-downs, & supplemental study execution support
· Present experiences to the site in an end-of-summer presentation
· Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
· Have (Currently enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college or university à BS/MS/PhD in Biological, Biomedical, or Chemical Engineering or related field of study)
· Must be 18 years of age by the start of the internship.
· Must have transportation to the site in Durham, NC.
· Willingness to take on other tasks as needed to support facility start up.
· Display natural enthusiasm for learning
· Exemplary collaboration/cross-functional skillset
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
· Positive disposition
· Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
· Possess the (Ability to work a ~3-month assignment, full-time – June 7 – August 27)
· This position is 100% REMOTE but MAY possess the ability to come on-site.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.