Private Equity Firm Seeks Committed Interns
Bonsai Group (bonsaicapitalgroup.com) is a team of entrepreneurs focused on investing in, operating, and growing private companies. We seek to identify, acquire and operate an existing private company with an initial enterprise value between $10.0 – $30.0 million. We are funded by over 15 seasoned private equity, investors, entrepreneurs, and executives. The Managing Partners of Bonsai have deep experience across private equity, investment banking, management consulting, and tech start-ups.
Description of Analyst Role
The internship will involve a hands on learning experience with many of the core activities involved with running a startup private equity firm. An Analyst should expect to develop a fundamental knowledge of the process by which middle market companies are bought and sold. Analysts will gain a working understanding of the entire pre-acquisition lifecycle, including industry thesis development, sourcing, and evaluating deals. This role will be challenging and demanding, but will provide candidates with fundamental learning in private equity, finance, and entrepreneurship.
Note that we are looking for an intern who is taking a gap semester or otherwise has the capacity to commit 30 hours per week to this role.
Details of Analyst Role
- Evaluate potential investment opportunities based on Bonsai’s investment criteria
- Develop target company acquisition lists
- Produce emails/letters for targeted small businesses
- Review confidential information on potential acquisitions
- Conduct business opportunity modeling
- Participate in phone calls with investment bankers and brokers
- Receive significant mentorship from Bonsai Group’s Managing Partners and weekly meetings to discuss progress
- Pay / Sponsorship: Unpaid internship
- Hours per Week: 30 to 40 hours per week
- Duration: 10-12 weeks
Who Should Apply
Highly motivated candidates who have a strong and proven interest in the fields of private equity, entrepreneurship and finance. Candidates who have a natural curiosity for how businesses work, a tenacious attitude towards research, are resourceful and have the ability to think independently.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com