Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The entire BookBub team is currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded and work remotely during this time as well. Our team values the health and safety of our people above all else, and though we hope to return to the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, we are continuing to work distributedly for the foreseeable future.
About the position
Chirp is BookBub’s new audiobook retailer that features a daily selection of great, limited-time deals on audiobooks. We’re looking for an analytically-oriented book lover to join the Chirp team as an Editor. They’ll be responsible for providing our Chirp members with an amazing experience by curating and merchandising audiobooks to be featured in our daily emails and on the Chirp website.
Here’s an example of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in the position:
- Review audiobook submissions from our author and publisher partners and choose which deals will perform best with our members, making data-driven decisions based on internal trends and industry research
- Curate, categorize, and merchandise books across the Chirp website to create an engaging browse experience and make it easy for readers to find something they’ll love
- Write, edit, and proofread enticing, error-free copy about featured books that matches Chirp’s brand voice and encourages readers to click and buy
- Help us continue to grow our rapidly scaling audiobook retailer by contributing to other Chirp projects as needed
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm for books (specifically audiobooks a plus!)
- Excitement about matching readers with the perfect next book
- Familiarity with a wide range of book genres and categories, and comfort working with books/genres they are less familiar with
- Excellent writing, copy editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to think analytically and interest in data-driven decision-making
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other teams
- Able to work autonomously and balance competing priorities effectively
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.