At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Division of Pharmacology-Toxicology team and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Trust Business Analyst is a key member of the technology team, responsible for building innovative analytic solutions that measure fundraising performance, project future growth, and use data to drive effective strategies. This position collaborates closely with Trust business line leaders to define requirements, and to develop and deploy a variety of data-driven solutions, including reports, presentations, interactive dashboards, and predictive models.
This Business Analyst is responsible for:
- Partnering with business leaders/fundraisers to gather functional requirements and developing specifications for data analysis and predictive modeling.
- Designing and developing flexible and intuitive Tableau Dashboards that enable business leaders to assess performance and develop targeted strategic action plans.
- Implementing process improvements and process automation to streamline the production of analytic deliverables.
- Developing reports and presentations that summarize and communicate fundraising performance, highlight discoveries and insights, and adhere to data visualization best practices.
- Building and implementing predictive models that effectively use data to drive improvements in targeting, segmentation, and messaging.
- Creating appropriate test plans, Q/A processes, and test cases to ensure data accuracy.
- Leading facilitated discovery and user training sessions.
- Documenting all analytic deliverables, including interactive dashboard user instructions.
- Presenting analytic findings and discoveries to staff through written reports and presentations.
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical or business field.
- 4 years’ relevant experience in Business/Data Analysis.
- 2 years working with SQL.
- 2 years’ experience in fundraising or direct marketing analysis preferred.
- 2 years’ experience developing analytic dashboards with Tableau preferred.
- The ability to gather customer requirements, design and develop analytic solutions.
- Knowledge of effective interactive dashboard design an data visualization best practices.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate analytic discoveries and results to audiences at all job levels both in writing and through presentations.
- Strong quantitative/analytic skills and problem-solving abilities, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and lead multiple concurrent projects.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a flexible schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.