We are looking for an Entry Level Software Engineer with Robotics experience willing to “jump right in.” Our projects range in complexity and involve multi-engineering disciplines across many market segments, but primarily within the defense market. To be successful at Boston Engineering, you must want to drive innovation.
- Develop solutions from the requirements through the final delivery and acceptance testing
- Succeed with challenging technical requirements in a customer-focused environment
- Approach designs from a system perspective
- Working understanding of digital circuits
- Reading schematics and perform system-level debugging skills
- Research and quickly learn new technologies
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals and theory
- Experience with C/C++ and Python is a plus.
- Experience with ROS2 and developing ROS2 modules
- Comfortable working and configuring a Linux environment
- Experience with embedded processors from one or more of ST, TI, or Microchip.
- Understanding of one or more communications protocols: CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, USB
- Experience with one or more RTOSs – Zephyr, FreeRTOS, QNX, embOS
- Experience in motion control – Brushless motor control, PID tuning
- Experience interacting with networked services (restful etc.)
- Experience using Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Zero to Three years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred; Other Engineering degrees acceptable pending meeting job/experience requirements
- US Citizen due to government contractual obligations
- Local candidates preferred
This role is restricted to US citizens due to access to export-controlled technology.