Boston Event Guide / Bridal Bash – Digital Marketing / Public Relations Internship
Boston Event Guide has been operating as Greater Boston’s top resource for young professionals to find out what’s going on! While BEG can’t hold our typically popular events these days, we have some exciting projects in the works and are looking for some detail oriented, well-rounded motivated marketing and public relations experts to join our team!
The selected individuals must have the capacity to work 25-30 hours per week for the Fall/Spring or full-time Winter/Summer Internships. These internships are ready for those looking to gain hands on experience and credit/co-op programs are available and could lead to full time employment. Interested in gaining direct experience with social media marketing, media outreach, making new connections and more?
Boston Event Guide is seeking new driven and self-motivated interns to help spread the word online about our brand-new Bridal Bash directory website and events!
Social Media/Marketing/Promotions Intern– will work with the Boston Event Guide Pr/Marketing team. We’re seeking outgoing, highly motivated college students with a passion for marketing and promotions. You’ll have hands on experience in every aspect of designing digital content, marketing, and promoting and planning the new Bridal Bash website and Fall events! You’ll also work closely with the marketing team to implement plans that drive ticket sales.
– Working to create compelling social media content, grow our fan pages and create viral posts to drive community.
– Posting information on various websites,
– Researching and reaching out to partners, groups and companies
– Writing blog posts, PR materials or marketing copy including press releases
– Working with our staff to brainstorm new and creative ideas for marketing campaigns and much more!
– Creating and updating website copy, online advertisements
– Email marketing to our large audience
– Connecting with media and journalists to gain coverage about BB
You will assist in the management of social media profiles, create specific promotions and help to devise a social media content calendar.
All interested candidates please send a resume and answer the following questions in order to be considered.
1. Do you have any professional or academic experience creating social media content? Please outline any design experience, caption creation experience or experience with SEO that you have.
2. This position requires a hardworking, independent individual. Please describe an experience demonstrating your ability to deliver work independently and your go-getter personality.
3. This role will operate on boosting our new bridal website to the public. Target audiences include newly engaged brides as well as bridal vendors (photographers, DJs, caterers, etc.) Please give 3-5 ideas you have for promoting such a website to our online audiences. How will you drive people to the page?
4. Please describe your writing skills and abilities. Do you have any experience writing blogs?
5. This position will require some outreach to new contacts, influencers and more. Are you comfortable making new connections? Please describe a time when you needed to use persuasive skills in a conversation. How would you turn a no into a yes?
The selected individuals must be detail oriented, well-rounded, self-motivators with the capacity to work 15-40 hours per week. These internships are unpaid for those looking to gain hands on experience and credit/co-op programs are available and could lead to full time employment.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour Unpaid Internship, can be for credit or to gain valuable field experience.
This internship is currently a fully remote position due to COVID-19.