Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Supplier Engineer I – (Hybrid Work Mode)
About the Role:
Supplier Engineer I in the Spencer, Indiana Supplier Engineering Team: This job concentrates on new product development and cost reduction programs, design improvements, and technical support for direct materials in multiple categories. The Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Supports and interfaces with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Marketing, and works with external vendors to develop standard and custom devices used in Boston Scientific products.
- Exercises sound problem solving and decision-making processes to make decisions in the face of ambiguous circumstances.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Utilizes skillsets in Process Capability, Material Management, Supplier Relationships, and Design for Manufacturability.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented, and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001:2004 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Materials, Plastics, Chemical and Mechanical)
- 0-3 years in a related industry with experience in a process/manufacturing/supplier engineering role
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Individual must be self-driven and self-motivated to learn and use that knowledge to produce results.
- Medical Device Experience Preferred
- Previous experience in working with suppliers is preferred.
- Sound demonstrated understanding of statistical methods, six sigma methodologies, DOE
Requisition ID: 497016
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.