Title: Data Management and Reporting Internship
Summary: Summer 2021 (Unpaid)
Mission of Organization:
The mission of the Boston Tax Help Coalition is to broaden pathways from poverty to financial empowerment by maximizing the impact of the earned income and other tax credits through quality, free tax preparation, financial education and economic stability opportunities.
The Data Management and Reporting Intern will work with the Coalition’s Operations Manager and Development Coordinator to create statistical tabulations and analyses that detail and promote the organization’s achievements. Specific tasks shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Coordinate the revising of client survey instruments;
- Become familiar with the Coalition’s data collection, analysis, and reporting process, including relevant stakeholders;
- Work with Coalition staff and stakeholders to identify key data points and analyses to be included in reporting efforts;
- Ensure all relevant data is cleaned, processed and ready for use;
- Assist with report production via data tabulation and analysis; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Language Skills:
High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Medium to high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with SPSS, Stata, or equivalent statistical analysis software a plus.
- Previous related internship and/or work experience.
- Commitment to the Boston Tax Help Coalition mission.
- May/June-August 2021: 24-30 hours a week