Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of proptech and the only company of our kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first ever venture capital backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $30MM in the past 3+ years. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
You may not know what commercial appraisals are, but there is no better way to kickstart a career in real estate. You will learn the foundations of valuation – the core of all real estate development – across every asset type in one of the country’s largest real estate markets. You will also receive an in-depth and hands-on education of every neighborhood in the city where you live and work. Finally, appraisals are central to the lending process – you will therefore build direct relationships with developers, brokers, and lending professionals externally, while working with our engineering, product, and design teams internally to continue to push the envelope of technological innovation in our industry.
But most importantly, you will be part of a truly novel real estate technology startup. You will be an integral part of growing from a young company to a national powerhouse. We offer our associates an incredibly unique combination of entrepreneurship and practical real estate experience. At Bowery, we put people above all else, as we believe successful businesses are driven by their employees first and product/market second.
Here are some links from our recent funding rounds and past press:
Below further details the role, who we are looking for, and what we offer to our associates.
What will you be doing on a daily basis?
– Researching and understanding macro and micro trends within commercial real estate
– Independently producing commercial appraisal reports from start to finish, which allow banks and lenders to finalize multi-million dollar loans
– Inspecting properties of all asset types
– Developing and maintaining relationships across the entire real estate spectrum
– Attending networking events
– Working directly with our technology team to continue to improve our technology
Who are we looking for?
– We do not require any real estate experience, though an interest in real estate is necessary
– Self-motivated, intelligent, gritty, personable, and diligent individuals who are
more excited about growing with a company than growing within one
– Strong quantitative ability
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
What do we offer?
– Competitive year-1 salary and signing bonus with significant upside equity compensation
– Health, dental, and vision benefits
– $500 new experience perk
– 401k plan
– Unlimited vacation policy
– Regular team-building social outings
– Startup culture with a real estate education