Breakthrough Silicon Valley is committed to serving our students on their path to college during
this time. We have transitioned our normal in-person middle and high school summer programs
into a fully virtual summer program in light of COVID19, and will be using both zoom and google
classrooms for our programming.
To ensure every one of our students has access to our programming, we are seeking 1-2
volunteers to support with any tech issues that might arise during the first week of our
summer program. This person(s) should be comfortable using zoom, MACS, PCs, IPADS, and
interested in working with middle school students and their families experiencing connectivity
issues. This person should be tech savy, organized to be able to address issues systematically,
able to walk through issues with families.
● Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware
● Walk families through steps to help them resolve their technical problems
● Resolve technical issues in a timely manner using available resources within the
● Develop a system for handling issues in a timely manner
● Working knowledge of a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
● Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
● Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
● Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
● Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
● Available June 21st OR June 22nd for onboarding (within the hours of 9am – 2pm, 1.5
● June 23rd – July 3rd on call 8:00 am – 12:00 PM PST
To apply, please send your resume and statement of interest to: email@example.com
This is an unpaid internship. A stipend of $250 will be paid to the intern to offset living expenses
for the duration of their internship. (Note this is taxable income)