· Detailed financial modeling and analysis (i.e., merger model, company projections, SaaS modeling/metrics, cohort analyses, cap table waterfalls, etc.)
· Perform valuation analysis on public / private companies, including comparable company, precedent transaction, DCF, etc.
· Assist with transaction execution; participate in due diligence and other client / transaction-related projects
· Assist with client maintenance / support and day-to-day investment banking efforts
· Prepare presentations to current / prospective clients
· Conduct market / industry / company research
· MODELING NINJA – You possess exceptional financial modeling skills and demonstrate best practices in building models from scratch as well as analyzing models provided by others. You know how to attack a spreadhseet and are able to combine your Excel superiority with an understanding of valuation methodologies and knowledge of accounting. Ability to model complex business and accounting issues is essential.
· PASSION – High level of motivation and commitment, and a desire to work with a proven and seasoned team of investment bankers in an entrepreneurial environment. You have a yearning desire to learn as much as possible; you act like a “sponge” and are constantly absorbing information and expanding your skill set.
· INITIATIVE – Self-starter that can multi-task, meet deadlines, and work well with little supervision. You will develop a keen sense for what clients are looking for before they ask and get a jump start on projects. We simultaneously work on multiple transactions and projects and your continued focus on the highest priorities is critical.
· PERSONABLE – Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to confidently interact with clients and build relationships. You are comfortable presenting your work product and deliverables to our team and will earn clients’ trust over time.
· WISDOM – You demonstrate superb judgment and a great sense of ownership with regard to your work. You are a quick thinker, ask intelligent and thoughtful questions and can make prudent decisions on the fly.
· METICULOUS – Accuracy and attention to detail are essential. We have extremely high standards; our deliverables and work-product must exceed client expectations.
· EXPERIENCE – You are a top candidate graduating this spring, or graduated within the last year and have up to ~18 months of work experience, ideally in investment banking, valuation/accounting, corporate development or corporate FP&A
· SOFTWARE DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE – We work primarily with enterprise software companies…prior software industry knowledge / experience would be a plus, though not essential.
· SAN FRANCISCO – Preference given to candidates already living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Will also consider highly qualified candidates that are able to work remotely in the near-term and are willing to relocate; these candidates should have a strong connection to the San Francisco Bay Area.