Are you a college student looking to gain writing experience, brush up on interview skills and obtain some clips? Would you like to learn more about internal communication?
The Office of Strategic Communication at Brigham and Women’s Hospital is seeking a summer editorial intern to join our Enterprise Communication team. This internship is fully remote.
The intern will produce content for a variety of hospital publications. Typical writing assignments include brief announcements, news articles, Q&As and feature stories — all covering the incredible work happening behind the scenes at the Brigham and the many inspiring people who perform it.
- Researching and writing brief announcements about staff who receive awards and other honors
- Interviewing sources and writing news and feature articles for internal publications
- Fact-checking content with individuals featured in articles and announcements
- Helping proofread content as needed
- Attending weekly team meetings (schedule permitting)
- Assisting with special projects as they arise
Qualified candidates must be:
- Currently enrolled (at the time of the internship term) in an undergraduate or master’s program, preferably pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, public relations or a related field
- Familiar with AP Style and newswriting formats
- Able to commit 12–16 hours/week during normal business hours (M–F, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.)
This is an unpaid position that can be used for course credit. Start and end dates are flexible.
Interns will work remotely for the duration of this internship. Qualified candidates must have access to a computer/laptop and phone during their internship hours, as well as reliable internet access. Technology or reimbursements cannot be provided.
Please reply to this posting or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and two relevant writing samples (news articles, press releases or blog posts preferred; no academic papers, please).