Job Title: Data Scientist (ML Pipelines for AI)
Location: Remote Work with ability to travel
USC, GC (no sponsorship available for this position). Candidate must be willing to go background check and also obtain security clearance if and when required.
• Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains (risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, and public policy).
• Work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into artificial intelligence goals and modeling approaches; rapidly iterate models and results to refine and validate approach.
• Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions utilizing structured approaches to solving problems, managing risks, and documenting assumptions while communicating results and educating others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations.
• Deliver on engagement milestones by: following analytics processes to mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation, and delivery; managing assumptions; and working with others to clear issues.
• Build ingestion processes to prepare, extract, and enrich a variety of structured and unstructured data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, financial data, and operational data); perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships.
• Analyze and model structured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research.
• 2+ years of experience leading work streams with 2+ data scientists, engineers, and other data & analytics professionals, including innovation, quality management, utilizing analytics and software development processes for natural language processing, machine learning on unstructured data, and/or information retrieval; multidisciplinary backgrounds.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields; PhD preferred.
• Ability to apply artificial intelligence techniques to achieve concrete business goals and work with the business and team members to understand business objectives, available resources, and constraints around data (sources, integrity, and definitions), processing platforms, and security; provide assistance and resolve problems using solid problem-solving skills and verbal/written communication.
• Solid experience performing data science from data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment; experience coding artificial intelligence methods using object-oriented programming in a software development process, and ability to restructure, refactor, and optimize code for efficiency.
• Ability to utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights (R, Python, Spark, Hadoop), and emerging Cloud Capabilities on Azure, GCP, and/or AWS; experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms and the ability to work in a Linux environment.
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship of a visa.