As the Senior Financial Analyst on the Financial Strategy, Planning, & Analysis team, you will be an integral member of the team to drive and support the development of financial strategies, and related planning, reporting and analysis across the Broad Institute. The successful candidate will have the ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively (both within Finance as well as cross functionally) to influence both strategic decision making and tactical execution.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Help drive forecasting, annual budgeting, and long-range financial planning
- Provide data-driven analyses and strategic direction to ensure the Broad Institute’s financial commitments are met – internally and externally
- Improve Institute performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and/or maximize opportunities in new initiatives / strategic investments and measure results
- Support the Broad Institute’s leadership to evaluate new opportunities and initiatives
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- 2-4 years’ related work experience, preferably in the biotechnology or technology sectors or life sciences academic / research institutions, with strong analytic skills and the proven ability to work in fast-paced, fluid environments
- Ability to understand complex business drivers, develop insights utilizing a data-driven approach and communicate succinctly to a range of different audiences (principal investigators to executives and the Board of Directors)
- Adept in ambiguous situations, flexible and comfortable making decisions using available data points that can be limited and/or imperfect
- Adaptable to changing priorities while effectively managing multiple commitments
- Strategic mindset and desire to constantly improve the status quo
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with proven experience in cultivating cross-collaborative working relationships across an organization and ability to influence at all levels
- Strong technical and analytical skills; proficiency with query languages and analytic packages a significant plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or similar field; prior background in investment banking or management consulting a plus
A community for all voices
At Broad, we are focused on becoming an anti-racist organization. We empower our employees to raise their voices and be a part of the work to sustain an open and inclusive institution. We know that a community is strongest when all voices are heard.