Broadscope Fund Administrators (“Broadscope”), an Apex Group Company, is a third-party administrator offering full-service fund administration to the private equity industry. Broadscope’s mission is to deliver a premium service model, based on direct access to senior management, robust quality controls, and innovative cloud-based technology. The Company’s founders and senior employees have significant industry-specific experience and knowledge of a broad range of private equity fund types and structures.
Broadscope is part of The Apex Group, one of the world’s largest fund administrators established in Bermuda in 2003. With the addition of Broadscope in April 2019, the Group administers circa $650B in assets, including the investments of some of the largest funds and institutional investors in the world. Service is delivered by over 3,000 staff across 40+ offices including 10 locations in North America.
To learn more about Broadscope, please visit our website at http://www.broadscopefa.com.
To learn more about Apex, please visit our website at https://apexfundservices.com.
Broadscope is seeking entry level and experienced Staff and Senior Staff Accountants to join our growing team in Boston. Staff and Senior Staff Accountants play a critical role at Broadscope working within a team handling the day-to-day accounting and related administration for various client-sponsored investment funds. These roles provide exciting opportunities to become part of a team that will contribute to the growth and direction of the firm.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Prior accounting experience is a plus but not required for an entry level position. Strong computer skills, particularly with MS Office products and most importantly MS Excel is required. Staff and Senior Staff Accountants must also have strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate initiative, perform well under pressure, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prepare and record general journal entries, including periodic investment income and expense accruals;
- Manage accounts payable and process cash disbursements;
- Maintain general ledger, including preparation and update of system generated financial statements and other accounting reports;
- Prepare bank, custody, and other account reconciliations;
- Reconcile and review accounting activity for reasonableness;
- Prepare periodic investment fund calculations including capital calls, management fees, investor income allocations, and distributions;
- Prepare investment related accounting entries including portfolio purchases and sales and recurring investment income accruals;
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial work paper packages to support interim and year-end financial statements;
- Assemble documentation and information to assist with the year-end audit process;
- Assist with the preparation of annual book to tax reconciliations; and
- Handle other special projects as required.
Qualifications (Note: Broadscope does not offer Employment Sponsorship for Work Visas)
- Bachelor’s or advanced accounting degree;
- For entry level positions, experience is not required;
- Senior staff level positions require a minimum of 3-5 years of investment fund accounting experience inclusive of private equity;
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills; and
- Able to perform well under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Broadscope Fund Administrators, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Broadscope Fund Administrators, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.