The Brookline Housing Authority (BHA) is a leading Housing Authority in Massachusetts. It established ambitious Strategic Initiatives including redeveloping all of its properties (964 units) and expanding its Resident Services/Social Services Programming. The BHA regularly hires Graduate Fellows to support the Executive Director (ED) and the entire BHA in pursuing the Strategic Initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
- 1+ years work, volunteer, and/or intern experience in relevant fields.
- Enrollment in, or recent graduation from, a graduate program in public policy, public management, business management, affordable housing, urban planning, law, real estate, or similar field.
- Strong verbal and quantitative skills.
- Desire to pursue a career in affordable housing or related fields.
- Desire to make a difference for thousands of low-income residents and voucher holders.
- Letter of interest, resume, work samples, and references.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
Six months, one semester, or one season, e.g. summer. Renewable for additional terms upon mutual agreement of the BHA and the Graduate Fellow.
Hourly rate equivalent to a starting, full-time salary at the BHA.
At least 12 hours per week. Not to exceed 20 hours. Ability to work in or near BHA offices (public health permitting).
EMPLOYMENT STATUS AND BENEFITS
- Regular part-time employee of the BHA; issued a W-2 at year end.
- Fellows do not qualify for health insurance and retirement benefits, or for membership in a collective bargaining unit (union membership).
- Fellows are paid on an hourly basis.
TRAINING, WORK PLAN, AND SUPERVISION
- Fellows shall take part in 20-40 hours of training upon commencing their term, supervised by the ED and Department Heads. Training will expose the Fellow to most aspects of the BHA’s programs and functions.
- Upon completing training, a Fellow and the ED/Department Heads shall create a work plan outlining projects and duties for the Fellow’s term of employment.
- Fellow will present work products to Department Heads, ED, and Board of Commissioners as appropriate.