The Program Operations Consultant is an experienced program manager or director in the youth development space. This team member will work with the Executive Director and provide support and supervision for program staff during a time of organizational growth and restructuring. The Consultant will oversee the implementation of Summer and Fall programs, within schools, NYC parks, and on the waterfront. This position reports to the Executive Director and will interact with Board members.
Staff Development & Management
· Provide support and supervision to the program staff team (up to 8 PT staff and 1 FT staff)
· Working with the Executive Director, will contribute to and inform hiring decisions and program growth
· Visit classrooms/ learning environments & provide staff mentorship and support through weekly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings.
· In response to staff and organizational needs, make suggestions to the Executive Director for staff training to facilitate professional growth
Program development & Implementation
· Content knowledge of boatbuilding is not expected. We do require a candidate who possesses the ability and desire to learn BKBW’s content and apply their experience to evaluate our training approach and curriculum.
· Identifies areas of need for curriculum development that is student-centered, project-based, and mission-aligned.
· Ensures that resources are in place to create a safe learning environment across program locations.
· Works with staff to implement and/or update BKBW’s existing qualitative and quantitative measurement tools.
Skills & Experience
· Experience managing program teams in a youth development context, with energy and a positive growth mindset.
· Desire to work with a small organization, as it navigates growth and change, to become more robust and increase its impact for young people
· Self-starter, with a willingness to work with the Executive Director to resolve organizational challenges and bring opportunities for growth to the organization.
· Experience working with staff to uncover and identify staff training needs.
· Experience designing and/or leading staff trainings a plus.
· Skilled in partnership development a plus
· Experience managing projects through Asana and Slack or similar platforms
BKBW uses Asana to manage individual, team-based, and organization-wide projects and meetings, and Slack is used as a cross-staff communication tool. We expect the Consultant to use these tools for their work with BKBW.
In order to apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com