The Program Operations Manager has experience as a manager in the youth development space. This team member will work with the Executive Director and provide support and supervision for program staff during a time of organizational growth. The Manager will become a program content expert, and enjoys and has experience building community within organizations. This position oversees the implementation of year-long programs within schools, NYC parks, and on the waterfront.
Staff Development & Management
- Provide supervision, support and mentorship to the program staff team (up to 7 PT staff and 1 FT staff).
- Brings enthusiasm for and experience in building and sustaining organizational community.
- In response to staff and organizational needs, identify training needs to facilitate staff’s professional growth.
- Visits all classrooms/learning environments on a regular basis & provides staff mentorship.
- Experience and desire to develop and maintain a positive and supportive staff culture.
- Develops pathways and training to facilitate professional growth of BKBW students to staff.
- Lead hiring process when part-time, full-time, and alumni staff members are sought.
Program development & Implementation
- Content knowledge of boatbuilding is not expected. We do require candidates who possess the ability and desire to learn BKBW’s content and apply their experience to evaluate training and curriculum.
- Identifies areas of need for and oversees curriculum development that is student-centered, project-based, and mission-aligned.
- Oversees staff training program to ensure training curriculum meets programmatic needs.
- Ensures resources are in place to create a safe learning environment across program locations
- Manage program logistics to ensure that all schools, learning environments, and workshop locations (DUMBO and Williamsburg) meet programming and staff needs.
- Works with the Executive Director to set and communicate annual program goals.
- Works with stakeholders to define/redefine KPIs in relation to organizational goals.
- Makes decisions around quantitative and qualitative measurement tools.
- Provides quarterly reports to Executive Director and Board regarding KPIs and demographics.
- Works with staff to implement and/or update BKBW’s existing qualitative and quantitative measurement tools.
- Brings expertise in building strong relationships with NYC DOE schools, CBOs, families, students, and alumni.
- Continually assess program areas for which student and parent feedback is needed for quality improvement purposes.
- Additional duties as required.
Skills & Experience
- Experience managing program teams in a youth development context, with energy and a positive growth mindset
- Experience as an educator, ideally in NYC public schools and/or within the context of a non-profit educational organization
- A hands-on manager, with a desire to work with a small organization, as it navigates growth and change, to become more robust and increase its impact for young people
- Self-starter, with a willingness to work with the Executive Director to resolve organizational challenges and bring opportunities for growth to the organization.
- Experience working with staff to uncover and identify staff training needs.
- Skilled in partnership development amongst a wide array of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and implement multiple project components simultaneously
- Eager & creative problem solver with a growth mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter able to work autonomously as well as within a small team
- Experience designing and/or leading staff trainings a plus
- Native/Fluent Spanish speaker preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel to different school locations within New York City
- Experience following, improving, and scaffolding curriculum & lesson plans to meet student needs a plus
- Belief in Brooklyn Boatworks’ mission, vision, and values
- Experience managing projects through Asana and Slack or similar platforms
In order to apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org