The Brown University AmeriCorps VISTA Program is seeking a skilled and motivated AmeriCorps VISTA leader. The role of the AmeriCorps VISTA leader is to build capacity for the VISTA program at Brown to ensure its success and sustainability. The VISTA leader will do so by supporting a cohort of 12 VISTA members in providing training and professional development, coordinating VISTA member events, assisting with VISTA member recruitment, and working with the VISTA program supervisor on project management tasks.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Biweekly Living Allowance
- End-of-Service Education Award
- Healthcare Benefit
- Free RI bus access
- Travel allowance
- Reduction of Education Costs
- Professional Development
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) Status
- Childcare if eligible
For more information about our benefits, please visit our VISTA Leader web page.
Eligible candidates for the Brown University AmeriCorps VISTA will be:
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- A college graduate (a minimum of a Bachelor’s)
- Prior experience with AmeriCorps or Peace Corps
- Demonstrated ability to effectively provide guidance, support, and feedback to others.
- Experience in event planning or volunteer management is prefered
- Basic computer skills required, including proficiency in Google suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills