Build Health International promotes global equity by developing high-quality health infrastructure to enable access to dignified and affordable healthcare in resource-constrained regions of the world. BHI is looking for a motivated, organized college junior or senior interested in global health, nonprofit management, and/or social justice to support the Development and Communications teams with a paid internship. Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Google Drive, PowerPoint is necessary, and knowledge of social media, marketing tools and photo/video editing software is a plus (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, MailChimp, Sprout Social, Adobe Suite, iMovie) are preferred.
- Assist with donation entry, tracking donor engagement, and updating thank you letters
- Conduct prospect research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries
- Plan and draft donor updates, proofread proposals and other correspondence
- Brainstorm and contribute to development of fundraising campaigns as needed
- Support grants management, reporting and implementation as needed
- Design and draft content for social media series across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Support in updating website content, new pages, project summaries and news features
- Conduct global health and industry literature and media reviews for use in communication materials and articles
- Learn about BHI’s brand voice and develop assets related to strengthening visibility and market share
- Support in developing new communications data tracking and reporting processes and templates
Location: The Communications and Development Intern will be based remotely, with the option to work in BHI’s main office in Beverly, MA as developing COVID-19 policies allow.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. This applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.