Title: Marketing & Communications Intern (Remote)
Office Address: 93 Summer St., 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02110 (This internship can be fully remote or partially remote depending on intern’s preference)
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Building Impact is searching for a self-driven hard working individual who wants to make a positive impact on the Greater Boston community and beyond! You will work closely with members of both Nonprofit and Business Development teams to help market our virtual volunteering opportunities and showcase the positive impact our corporate partners are making in the community. This internship will help you gain valuable virtual event planning, marketing, and communication experience.
Building Impact Overview:
Building Impact’s mission is to strengthen communities by empowering individuals and companies with the opportunity to volunteer, donate, and connect with high impact, local nonprofits working on critical social issues.
We currently reach over 20,000 people in 700 companies spread across 60+ buildings in 15 Massachusetts communities. Our approach is unique, we listen to nonprofit needs, co-designing volunteer projects to serve the mission, and measure the outcomes of volunteer teams. Our unique model brings volunteer projects to companies throughout Greater Boston, including donation drives, blood drives and pop up shops.
Our organization has pivoted during Covid-19, launching an innovative and impactful virtual volunteer model – it is an exciting time to join our team! Learn more about Building Impact at www.buildingimpact.org.
Position Description and Scope of Work:
Are you excited to work in a fast-paced team environment? Do you have a great eye for designing graphics and an interest in nonprofit operations? Are you looking to strengthen your public speaking skills and grow your network in both the nonprofit and for profit ecosystems? If so, apply for our internship program today, and become an integral part of our team!
The intern will provide support in the following areas:
Communications and Marketing (40% of the time):
- Design clear engaging graphic communications for digital and print
- Including, but not limited to branded promotional materials, posters, flyers, website and social media graphics, along with other marketing materials as needed.
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of the Building Impact’s website
- Collaborate on design and execution of email campaigns
- Support with compiling data and photos for impact reports
- Contribute to strategies for more effective audience engagement across digital channels
Virtual Event Support (40% of the time):
- Manage event supplies, including ordering and packaging of kits for delivery to nonprofit partners
- Facilitate 30-min long virtual volunteering events for groups of 10-20 corporate volunteers
- Research nonprofit partner organizations and develop informational resources about their volunteer opportunities and current needs
- Maintain and monitor virtual volunteering dashboards in Google Suite
Administrative Support (20% of the time):
- Assist with data management
- Manage inventory of supplies
- Respond to volunteer inquiries
- Ad-hoc projects/events
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Passion for Building Impact’s mission of community engagement
- Has a growth mindset: high achiever, willingness to learn, accept new challenges and improvement-oriented
- Highly organized and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times across a variety of business sectors
- Strong customer service skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and problem solving
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of photo and graphic editing applications such as Canva or Adobe Spark
- Experience with public speaking and event facilitation is a plus
- Experience with Publisher, HubSpot or Indesign is a plus
- May 2021 – September 2021 (flexible to extend into Fall months if candidate is interested)
- Flexible start/end dates – can accommodate an academic or work schedule
- 10 hours per week minimum
- Highly preferred times are Tuesday-Friday between 11am-4 pm.
- Note: This is an unpaid position (internship for college credit, reference and portfolio growth)
How to Apply:
- Send resume and cover letter to Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include “First & Last name: Internship Application” in the email subject line
- Include in your cover letter your specific availability (please note: 10 hours per week minimum, with highly preferred work schedule between Tuesday-Friday 11am-4pm)
- Deadline to apply (rolling): Monday, April 26th, 2021