Bursor & Fisher’s New York office is in immediate need of a Business Development/Legal Assistant to support with lead intake and client retention for new case ideas, as well as entry-level legal assistance.
The day-to-day of the job will be to:
(1) log all new case leads in an organized manner, including lead name, phone number, email, etc.;
(2) contact lead by phone and/or email and discuss the case idea, the requirements of a lead plaintiff, and the potential outcomes of the case (this information will be provided by the attorney);
(3) Send out retainers to the interested clients by Adobe e-sign or by mail;
(4) Save the completed retainer to the firm’s case database;
(5) Ad hoc legal assistant duties including proofreading and formatting documents, case research, and deposition prep (no prior law firm experience necessary)
Bursor & Fisher is currently working in-office and following Covid-19 protection protocol and procedures.
The salary we are offering is $40,000/year and the position offers benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance, a year end bonus at the discretion of the firm, 401(k) eligibility, and commuter benefits.