Title/Role: Director of Sales
Job Description: Reporting to the Vice President for Business Development & Marketing, the Director of Sales helps oversees the Network’s growth and evolution of Membership, Sponsorship, and Exhibit sales. This position is responsible for tracking and achieving annual goals, managing the sales process and sales team, as well as integrating business development across all Network programs, projects, research, events, and activities. This position requires experience in sales and sales team management.
Essential Responsibilities include:
Business Development and Marketing (~65%):
• Lead all sales efforts for membership, sponsorship, and exhibits, as well as individual Network products, across all Network projects, programs, products, and services.
• Develop and execute sales plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of Network products and services.
• Achieve revenue and profitability targets for the Network by designing, developing, and implementing a sales/acquisition strategy.
• Identify viable opportunities to grow and evolve existing products/services to new and existing regional, state, and local markets, and/or launch new products/services.
• Manage exhibit floor plan placement of exhibitors for all sellers.
• Execute annual at-show rebooking process for exhibitors and sponsors and follow up with an exhibit/sponsor acquisition campaign.
• Work closely with Sponsor Advocate and Membership Assistant to ensure accurate execution of sponsorships and sponsor satisfaction.
• Manage sales pipeline efforts including membership, sponsorship, exhibits, and individual product acquisition.
• Coordinate across Network teams to ensure the achievement of sales objectives, provide customer-driven product improvement ideas, and communicate customer engagement opportunities.
• Work closely with Director of Membership and Finance Management to oversee post sales experience and uses customer feedback to improve processes.
• Develop weekly sales goal reports, together with Director of Membership and Finance Management, for standard weekly reports to Senior Management.
• Assist with development of: Board of Directors supporting sales materials, sales call scripts, email scripts, copywriting, sales enablement content / sales kits, pitch decks / presentations, lead generation.
• Ensures and manages regular and consistent updates of the Salesforce system with accurate customer and pipeline data.
Member Services & Programs (~15%):
• Work closely with Director of Membership and Finance Management to ensure smooth hand-off of members to the Membership program team.
• Attend all local member events and travels as needed to larger member events.
• Travel to see prospects and members face-to-face as well as attend tradeshows both domestic and international – expectation to travel or attend events minimum of 1x/month.
Leadership & Management(~20%):
• Supervise and mentor Network sales personnel.
• Develop sales best practices for process and communication.
• Model helpful and effective leadership values that advance the Network’s mission and strategic objectives.
• Manage and escalate employee relations challenges; monitor and track employee performance; provide regular, helpful, and actionable feedback to direct reports.
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role the qualified candidate will need:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field (business development, marketing, sales, public relations, event management)
• At least 8 to 10 years of professional experience with steadily increasing job responsibilities
• Track record of significant successful business development
• Experience managing business development and sales teams creating and executing pricing and sales strategies
• Experience and knowledge of Salesforce required
• Experience in diverse multi-level ecosystem with stakeholder outreach and engagement with ability to
persuade clients as well as establish and maintain rapport with customers
• Solid knowledge of online tools strongly preferred, including Adobe Acrobat and virtual meeting platforms such as (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, WebEx, and GoToMeeting) with the ability to quickly learn new systems
• Experience with event sales/planning preferred
• Credibility at all levels, including C-level with evidence of building strong relationships internally and externally
• Proven ability to work with diverse teams, audiences, and stakeholders, including excellent teamwork, relationship building, customer service, and strong facilitation skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team as well as manage staff and delegate, monitor, and evaluate team and individual work activities and performance effectively
• Ability to navigate uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
• Positive attitude and interest in learning about the offshore wind industry
• Proactive, attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
• Passion for personal accountability, achievement, evaluation, and learning with continual improvement
Benefits and Compensation:
The salary range for this position is commensurable with experience. For full-time, benefit eligible employees, the Network offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental and Vision Benefits
• Employee Life Insurance
• Employee AD&D
• Employee Short Term Disability
• Employee Long Term Disability
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Leave
• Personal Days
• Paid Holidays
• 401K Plan
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please submit a one-page cover letter with a resume to Denielle Christensen (email@example.com) stating your qualifications and passionate interest in this role. The Business Network for Offshore Wind is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.