As a Software Engineer Intern at C4ADS, you will be responsible for managing various development projects for public applications and creating new tools for analysis and information distribution for the rest of C4ADS. You will interface directly with analysts and help create solutions for a variety of needs and problem sets. You will have an opportunity to learn through experience, work in a fast-paced environment, and build a portfolio.In addition to attending trainings on methodologies for open-source data analysis and tools such as Palantir and Windward, Software Engineer Interns receive one-on-one mentorship to advance their professional development.
PAST SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERNS HAVE:
- Contributed research to public reports
- Written code to automate the extraction and structuring of data for analysis
- Produced data visualizations for public-facing reports for international organizations
- Developed interactive data portals
- Learned how to use AWS cloud tools and run code in a cloud environment
- Presented to grant stakeholders
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage development projects for internal and public facing web applications
- Create and maintain tools for analysis and information distribution
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements like automating manual workflows, optimizing data delivery, re-designing existing application infrastructure for greater scalability and performance, etc.
- Work with stakeholders, including the management and analytical teams, to understand and support their data infrastructure needs
- Assist the data team with optimizing and improving existing resources and tools
- Keep our data organized and secure across company and client requirements.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A strong commitment to personal and professional development
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience managing projects with git and working on development in a team environment, cloud services like AWS, relational SQL and NoSQL databases are a plus