What You’ll Get to Do:
You will work on location in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. As a Legal Assistant you will perform a variety of legal, technical, and administrative functions to support organizational activities.
More About the Role:
- Performs simple typing assignments using word processing equipment.
- Assists in copying, scanning and faxing documents; assists in organizing, naming and numbering electronic and hard copy case materials.
- Assembles/disassembles documents as required, taking care to ensure that original documents are reassembled exactly to their original state.
- Assists legal support staff in developing exhibits, compiling notebooks, including pulling file copies of documents, tabbing binders, numbering, binding, labeling, and re-filing documents.
- Receives telephone calls and visitors to the office; control access; notifies staff members of visitors or incoming telephone calls; takes messages from, and gives messages to visitors and callers when staff members are unavailable; determines when to transfer calls to staff member’s voice mail or overhead paging, as appropriate, and executes one or both actions.
- Exercises tact and discretion in determining what information can be provided and to whom.
- When unable to assist caller or visitor, the contractor will refer them to the appropriate staff member.
- Assists with accurate data entry into various legal and financial systems with minimal errors.
- Assists office personnel with file management to include creating and purging closed case files of extraneous and inappropriate materials and tags, separates or compiles materials to be purged later according to office policies and procedures.
- Promotes the integrity of office security.
- Verifies the identification of individuals seeking entrance to USAO space.
- Provides appropriate badges and maintains logs of badges issued.
- Deals with visitors who display a range of dispositions, some of whom may be negative or combative.
- When appropriate, uses interpersonal skills to defuse or ameliorate difficult situations.
- Carefully assesses suspicious mail, persons, or other elements and takes precautionary measures to enhance security.
- The position will require the employee to work in the client location, no telework will be permitted.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills and good communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government’s office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Must be eligible for a U.S. security clearance. (U.S. citizenship is required.)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Litigation support experience valued.
- Undergraduate degree.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.