We are looking for a Data Scientist to be a part of Cactus Labs, an R&D and innovation cell of Cactus Communications focusing on reimaging customer experience and publishing workflows leveraging AI and machine learning. We pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for our customers to work smarter, faster and secure every day.
We are engineers, linguists, researchers, technology leaders and experts working to develop next generation products that are transforming scholarly communications. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries and is required to handle data at massive scale.
- At Cactus Labs, bring fresh ideas from all areas including information extraction, information retrieval, distributed computing, large scale system design, artificial intelligence and natural language processing.
- Immerse yourself in providing cutting-edge solutions to real world, large-scale problems.
- You have the opportunity to realize your ideas in products and services used worldwide.
- Be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on complex real world problems across the industry as we continue to push our limits and advance the technology.
Requirements (Desired skills & experience)
- We welcome applicants who are
- Close to completing Master’s or PhD degree in Computer science.
- Completing a postdoctoral position.
- Have comparable research experience
- 2+ years of applied AI research experience.
- Experience in building Machine translation, Natural language generation, and grammatical error correction systems.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages: C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of common machine learning frameworks.
- Experience with research efforts including having published papers at conferences(NeurIPS, ACL,AAA, EMNLP etc)
- Ability to design and execute on research idea.
- You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, a go-getter.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structure, algorithms, architecture and OO design)
- Relevant work experience including internship or full time industry experience as a researcher in a lab is plus.