Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP seeks a Real Estate Paralegal. Cahill has thrived for a century by focusing on the most significant opportunities and complex challenges facing the top financial services firms and other multinational corporations. Our premier transactional and litigation groups have developed impressive records of accomplishment in high profile cases and headline-grabbing deals. Cahill lawyers are highly client-driven. The firm is specifically chosen by clients because of our experience, depth of knowledge and facility in managing challenging situations. The Real Estate Paralegal will support the initiatives of the Firm, including, but not limited to:
· Assisting with commercial real property mortgages to secure bank and bond deals
· Ordering/reviewing flood determinations
· Ordering/reviewing title policies/commitments/proformas
· Ordering/reviewing of surveys and zoning reports
· Drafting and filing of UCCs (including fixture filings)
· Working with title companies
· Drafting title instruction letters and real estate closing checklists/Indexes; creating closing sets
· Reviewing finalized and recorded real estate documents (mortgages, deeds, surveys, filed UCCs)
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least three years’ prior experience at major law firms as a commercial real estate paralegal assisting on secured bank and bond deals. Candidates also must be willing to assist with general corporate paralegal matters such as signature tracking, company research, reviewing good standings and charters and general administrative projects. Candidates should be proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Compensation: Flexible based on experience with the potential for overtime and a bonus. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.