Cambridge-Somerville COVID Resilience & Recovery Urban Partnership
Together, the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce and the Somerville Chamber of Commerce, were awarded a grant from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to create a multifaceted “Cambridge-Somerville COVID Resilience & Recovery Urban Partnership” to create public awareness about the urban resurgence of our respective commercial districts and emphasize economic empowerment and revitalization among disadvantaged populations.
The goal of the Chambers’ partnership is to create a comprehensive, hyperlocal-branded marketing program that directly benefits those business sectors most impacted by the ongoing global pandemic. The two Chambers will work in partnership with their respective municipalities to deliver solutions that speed recovery, leverage private sector resources, and promote disadvantaged businesses in the tourism, hospitality, restaurants, and nightlife sectors within our respective economies. The campaign will be treated as a pilot initiative with student researchers from Harvard, MIT and Tufts brought in to prepare a report to Massachusetts Office of Business Development that identifies best practices for possible future adoption by other urban centers across the Commonwealth.
Intern Program Highlights:
- 9-week program: June 21-August 20, 2021
- Paid, full-time positions (30 hours/week)
- Opportunity to network with talented researchers, local business leaders, and small businesses
- Ability to work remotely
· Work with other student researchers from Harvard, MIT, and Tufts to prepare and deliver an academic research report to the Massachusetts Office of Business Development that analyzes and identifies best practices for possible future adoption by other economic regions across the Commonwealth.
· Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a related field
· Commitment to the mission of the Urban Partnership
· Writing, research, computer, interpersonal and social media skills are required
· Strong organizational, communication and research skills
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills; enjoy working in a team setting and demonstrated ability to take initiative