SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
20+ hours per week, flexible schedule, $30.00/hour
Awarded as “Top Workplace” by Baltimore Sun Media Group &
“Best Place to Work in Money Management” by Pensions & Investments
The Software Engineer intern will partner with the Data and Trading Systems engineering team on project-based assignments. The internship will expose the individual to areas and projects such as, but not limited to:
· Building data ingestion workflows using Python and Apache Airflow
· Improving and/or implementing parts of the Software Engineering and DevOps processes
Candidates must meet the following required qualifications:
- Current student pursuing a Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar program
- Proficient in a high-level programming language; Python experience preferred.
§ Familiarity with SQL Server, Oracle, or other relational database systems
- Strong math, communication, and interpersonal skills
§ Ability to problem solve effectively both independently and on a team in a timely and level-headed manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
Ideally, candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of financial markets and instruments preferred, but not required
- Locally based out of the Baltimore metro during the summer months preferred, but not required
- Ability to continue to intern beyond the summer months preferred, but not required
Why Campbell and Company?
Campbell & Co. (‘Campbell’) is a leading systematic investment manager that specializes in applying unique macroeconomic insights in a multi-style, quantitative investment framework. As an industry pioneer, Campbell has analyzed the relationship between macroeconomic drivers and asset prices to identify and exploit opportunities that are further refined with reference to trend following, systematic macro, short term and quantitative equity strategies. Two thirds of staff are investment professionals, with 40% having been at Campbell for ten years or more. We believe that the long tenure of our staff is a testament to our culture, our competitive benefits and the work-life balance we offer to all of our associates. Our culture is best defined as academic collaboration built on a foundation of meritocracy. This allows us to obtain better results as a team without losing sight of the need to reward individual contributions.
We recognize that producing the best work and maintaining the best talent includes putting an overall premium on the overall wellness of our people. Campbell employees have access to an array of engagement activities, community involvement & volunteer opportunities, and a state-of-the-art onsite fitness center.
Our offices are located at 2850 Quarry Lake Drive, Baltimore, MD 21209. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19; however, are looking forward to returning to our new office space by early Summer. This position will work remotely for the majority of the internship; however, we would prefer an individual with flexibility to go into the office on an occasional basis.