Now reviewing applications on a rolling basis in several locations across North America.
The Camphill Association of North America is actively seeking enthusiastic candidates who would like to live and volunteer in one of our artistic, sustainable, therapeutic schools and communities during the summer months. The start date and length of stay varies among communities. To see specific positions, follow the link below.
In Camphill, we live and work alongside children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (like autism and Down syndrome) in our sixteen beautiful communities and schools across North America.
A Camphill experience provides an opportunity for you to discover and grow your full potential as you:
- Develop lifelong friendships with interesting people from many different countries, backgrounds, and abilities
- Build new skills and creative capacities, from biodynamic farming and gardening, to holistic special education and therapeutic practices, to woodworking, weaving, artisan baking, and so much more
- Impact the lives of the people around you and experience incredible personal growth in return
During the day, you will help support activities like biodynamic agriculture and forestry; cooking; artisan crafts; classroom education; drama and music; sports; and other activities. At home, you will have a private room in a beautiful environment, enjoy (and learn to prepare) nourishing, mostly organic meals, and be part of a warm household community. In the house, you will join other live-in volunteers to help with the care, beauty, upkeep, and running of the home. You will also help with the health and care needs of the people with whom you live.
Living in Camphill requires stamina, perseverance and an openness to learn. For those excited by this challenge, the rewards are manifold: personal satisfaction, friendships, discovering new interests and capacities, developing skills, living sustainably, and being part of a community effort to create meaningful lives for people with diverse abilities. The selection process tends to give priority to those who are able to contribute more to the community and the people Camphill serves than they require personal support and healing for themselves.
Other qualifications we value:
- Patience and Compassion
- An interest in community living and sustainable lifestyles
- Previous experience working with individuals with special needs helpful but not required
- Initiative, teamwork and consensus-building, positivity, love of people, emotional maturity and health are important
If you enjoy nurturing the land, exploring the arts, and working with people, then get your Camphill application in today!
- Free room & board (private room in a community house and farm fresh food)
- College Loan Support Program
- Access to community cars (gas and insurance included)
- Health insurance
- Professional development opportunities
All Camphill locations have taken strong protective measures that meet all current local, state, federal, and CDC guidelines for COVID-19 since early March 2020. We are providing spaces for new arrivals to comfortably quarantine before fully participating in community life.
Contact Leila Kaplan with any questions.
Phone: 917-765-5315 (call or text)