CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, bio-defense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Biologist to support the overall functions of the Vaccine Research Center (VRC) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Perform work with BSL-2 pathogens with appropriate safety measures.
- Prepare mosquito housing containers.
- Maintain cultures of malaria parasites.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and order lab supplies.
- Clean and Maintatin the work area and equipment.
- Maintain mosquito colonies infected with the malaria parasite.
- Dissect (gut and salivary gland) mosquitos to isolate malaria parasites.
- Perform malaria infections using mice and mosquitons.
- Be comfortable with handling mice and procedures including:
- Insoflurance anesthesia
- Injection by the IV, SC, ID, and IP routes
- In vivo bioluminescence imaging
- Blood and Biopsy collection
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in biological sciences.
- Experience working with rodents and/or other laboratory animals a strong plus.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Must have good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must strictly adhere to all safety standards in the lab and remain up-to-date with necessary trainings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.