CAMRIS is seeking a Lab Manager and Analyst to support the Walter Reed Army Istitute of Research (WRAIR) Wound Infection Department.
WRAIR aims to conduct biomedical research that is responsive to Department of Defense and US Army requirements and delivers life-saving products including knowledge, technology and medical material that sustain the combat effectiveness of the Warfighter.
WRAIR’s vision is to be the premier DoD biomedical research organization, constantly relevant, integrating basic research and advanced technology that protects, projects, and sustains the Warfighter today, invents global medical solutions for the future, and keeps the Warfighter on point for the Nation. WRAIR host three Centers of Excellence for Military Psychiatry and Neuroscience Research, Military Infectious Disease Research, and Enabling Capabilities Research; each center ranging from blast induced neurotrauma to malaria vaccine development.
This position is for a proposal.
- Responsibilities may include vendor selection and negotiation for supplies, distribution of supplies as needed, organizing teams, filing and tracking required travel paperwork with the appropriate authorities, coordinating and tracking personnel movement during travel, coordinating overseas project supply, tracking and assisting in trip and progress reports, and inventory control for supplies and organisms.
- Serve as operations liaison between WRAIR-based and collaborative research projects, providing continuity in project efforts (including material acquisition and movement, training, data collection, etc.).
- Keep accurate and up to date personnel training folders for all the staff within the WID
- Maintain the centralized database of all the SOPs and training materials, coordinate bi-annual SOP review and update.
- Order supplies and laboratory materials to be sent or carried overseas for funded project efforts, and other tasks that need to be completed to assure progress on funded projects to meet timelines.
- Ensure all SOP and policy related guidelines are adhered to in routine tasks, and make recommendations for changes to existing strategies and practices.
- Maintain centralized database of inventories of chemical substances and laboratory supplies and equipment, ensuring compliance with DoD and U.S Army policies.
- Support procedure, protocol, science plan and grant proposal writing and submission.
- MS in Microbiology, Immunology, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other related scientific field.
- Lab manager shall have experience in all areas: ordering, shipping and receiving, budgeting and coordinating laboratory activities in a therapeutic development laboratory.