CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, bio-defense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Project Manager to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Respiratory Diseases Branch at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services.
- Assist in the coordination of NIAID’s functions in the SARS-CoV-2 interagency group.
- Provide project management activities for the program.
- Work closely with Project Officers (POs) programs within NIAID.
- Meet with the POs and the Viral Respiratory Diseases Section Chief on a regular basis to provide oral and/or written reports on the status of on-going projects and to receive new assignments.
- Organize working groups and workshops.
- Assist in the preparation of slides as needed.
- Attend meetings with program staff, write meeting summaries and briefing documents.
- Read, review, summarize, and/or write documents.
- Provide project management and technical expertise for selected projects and task orders
- Track preliminary scientific data, scientific publications of high interest, of contract generated data that needs to be reported and mapped to the working groups of the SARS-CoV-2 interagency Group.
- Provide general organizational support including but not limited to writing meeting summaries, organizing calls and meetings, help with document filing on shared drives.
- Provide organizational support to the program including updating the clinical database, collecting essential documents and tracking the status of the documents, organizing meetings, and writing meeting summaries.
- Help coordinate schedules for the meetings between the extramural investigators and NIAID.
- Help coordinate the lectures and presentations from outside NIAID speakers, scheduling the lectures, and reserving rooms as needed.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize scientific information related to SARS-CoV-2 testing across the programs.
- Interact with NIAID staff to provide excel spreadsheets and power point presentations.
- Provide assistance on a variety of special, one-time projects that require immediate action including the coordination of workshops and reporting of their outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
- Two (2) year of experience in biology or a related field.
- Demonstrates experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrates experience with Skype, GoToMeeting, WebEx and/or other meeting planning programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to articulate and record main points of meetings.