CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, bio-defense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Scientific Program Manager to support the overall functions of the NIH Oxford-Cambridge (OxCam) Scholars Program; Rocky Mountain Veterinary Branch (RMVB), (RML) Rocky Mountain Laboratory at the National Institutes of Health.
- Provide mentorship to OxCam Students as well as serve as a central contact and resource regarding program guidelines and NIH student policies.
- Support the OxCam Academic Dean with annual progress reports and issue resolution.
- Advise and oversee student committees, including the Student Leadership Board, Workshop Organizing Committee, and Career Development Seminar Series Planning Committee.
- Coordinate Program-driven MD/PhD activities, including monthly Clinical Case Conference and other activities.
- Oversee and aid planning the annual OxCam Workshop, a 3-day event with 200-300 attendees.
- Manage the OxCam student database as well as conduct annual student check-ins and exit interviews.
- Maintain awareness of and share NIH OITE student wellness and professional development resources.
- Aid organization of career development opportunities for OxCam students and alumni outreach efforts.
- Schedule and manage monthly town halls to discuss new program information and upcoming events.
- Manage OxCam on-campus housing and collaborate with other NIH housing offices.
- Perform regular visits to England and NIH sites in Durham, NC, Hamilton, MT, and Phoenix, AZ.
- Attend monthly NIH Training Director meetings.
- Report student concerns to the OxCam Executive Committee.
- Ph.D. degree is required
- Previous experience in student training or mentoring is preferred
- Travel to England and NIH laboratories located in Montana, Arizona, and North Carolina is required
- Due to the pandemic, this position is fully remote to start. The incumbent is expected to relocate to the DC, Maryland, or Virginia area following the pandemic.
- All support positions required a minimum of a BS degree; some require a MS, MD, or Ph.D.
- The education, skills and relevant years of experience required for each support position are consistent with those identified as the minimum requirements for the labor categories specified in the contract.