Biotech Business Development Intern
Length: 1 – 3 months as needed and can be extended
CANbridge Pharmaceuticals Inc. is hiring a Business Development Intern to be based in the Greater Boston area. CANbridge Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a global biopharmaceutical company accelerating development and commercialization of specialty healthcare products for orphan diseases, focusing on products that address medical needs that are underserved. If you are passionate about ensuring that underserved patients have access to life changing medicines globally, you will fit well with the collaborative and highly motivated team at CANbridge!
CANbridge is seeking an exceptional candidate for an intern position within its business development group. This position will play a key role in assisting in building the business development, strategy, and new product planning functions. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual looking for a broad-based experience in a dynamic, fast-paced biotech company working on the cutting edge of biotechnologies. This position reports to the Director of Business Development and is an opportunity to learn and contribute significantly to a top-tier, rapidly growing company poised to engage in significant opportunities over the coming months. This position will be based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
· BA/BS required; working towards or already obtaining an MBA or graduate degree in relevant scientific discipline (e.g., master/Ph.D. in public health, biostatistics or life sciences) strongly preferred
· 1+ years biopharmaceutical or post-graduate experience is a plus; candidates with consulting or industry or highly relevant post-doctoral work will be considered
· Basic understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D and commercialization process, as well as knowledge of the industry landscape (e.g., disease landscape, competitive intelligence, transactions, terms) preferred
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· Strong critical thinking capability and creative problem solver
· Strong communication and organizational skills, business and scientific acumen
· Strong Excel (data analysis; information cataloging) and Powerpoint skills
· Must be able to commit to at least 20 hours per week
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
· Must be flexible, adaptable and be able to work on a task by task basis