Copy Editor Internship
CATALYST.cm is an online platform focused on bringing to light social action issues and compelling destinations from around the world. By reporting on diverse and underreported topics, we hope to serve as a catalyst for change on a diverse array of global topics.
We’re looking for a highly capable copy editor to join our team. IT IS ALL REMOTE.
- Editing articles for story flow, punctuation and grammar.
- Adhering closely to AP style.
- Fact-checking stories to ensure the validity of all claims.
- Managing a workload of anywhere from 6 to 12 stories per week.
- Prior experience as a copy editor. This may include recent work at a job, internship or college publication.
- Strong writing skills and a well-developed personal voice.
- The ability to work quickly without overlooking details.
- Extensive knowledge of AP style.
- Understanding of and willingness to use Google Drive.
- Majoring in journalism, communications, English or a related program.
This position is begins as unpaid but may transition to a monthly stipend for the right candidate. However, copy editors at CATALYST.cm gain experience that’s rarely—if ever—offered by larger publications. Expect to gain a strong resume.
Apply today! Send over your current resume and cover letter and we’ll get back to you soon!