The Customer Success Associate (or CS Associate) works at the heart of Catchafire’s mission by supporting our end-users (nonprofits and volunteers). In this role, you’ll be communicating directly with these users, helping them get the most out of Catchafire, solve their biggest challenges, and provide an experience that feels seamless.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a new college graduate or an entry level job seeker to join a mission- and values-driven organization at an exciting hyper-growth stage.
Are you a thoughtful teammate, an active listener, and intrinsically motivated to improve the world around you? Join us in keeping our Catchafire marketplace running smoothly, as a core member of a growing team.
- Natural communicator and relationship-builder: You’re authentic, empathetic, and able to communicate clearly through any channel. When you speak, people understand and believe you.
- Creative problem solver and analytical thinker: You think through problems methodically before prescribing a solution. You can zoom out and see the bigger picture, and abstract trends and patterns from diverse data points.
- Careful attention to detail: You can prioritize and triage quickly while keeping track of other moving parts. You work systematically and thoughtfully, utilizing systems and processes to help you accomplish your goals effectively.
- Quick to learn and adjust: You process large amounts of information quickly and grow with every experience. You are not afraid to try something new, and are constantly thinking about what we can do better by applying what we have learned so far.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re an independent worker and thinker, who is always testing new ideas and creatively finding ways to contribute.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER SUCCESS ASSOCIATE
- Provide excellent customer support and service through chat and email to Catchafire’s nonprofits and volunteers
- Triage and respond to challenging and complex support situations and escalate appropriately
- Become an expert in Catchafire’s backend administration tool to quickly resolve customer support issues, identify bugs for the Tech team, and collaborate with the Product team to develop and hone new features
- Maintain high quality service in all of our support channels by creating and updating canned responses, FAQs & internal and external documentation
- Monitor Catchafire marketplace & engage with users to increase their product adoption and effective usage
- Bring new ideas to help delight our customers
- Support teams across Catchafire (Marketing, Accounts, Business Development) as a point of contact for end-users
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
In order to be successful in this role you must meet most, of if not all, of the following needs:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with general office tools (like Excel, Google Docs, etc.) and interest/experience in learning more unique and complex tech systems
- Past work experience in supporting customers (this experience can come from a variety of work environments, from retail assistance to alumni engagement)
- 1-3 years of work experience supporting customers
- Experience working in an office (or office-style) environment, in-person or remote
- Work or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector and ability to understand and communicate about nonprofits’ challenges
- Familiarity with or interest in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and specifically how these concepts manifest in the nonprofit sector and in professional settings
The following is an optional, “nice to have” experience that would aid in our understanding of a candidate’s long-term success in this role. Applicants are not expected to have the following in order to apply / be considered for this role:
- Working proficiency in French or Spanish
Catchafire’s office is based in NYC, though we will be working remotely as long as COVID-19 persists. We consider our employees’ safety as a top priority and we will continue to assess our return date and when we will resume work travel as the situation progresses. We also provide accommodations to help with home office set up.
This role may be remote full time, with the expectation that the employee is willing and able to travel to the NYC office periodically as deemed necessary and beneficial.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.