BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN
CED is dedicated to promoting knowledge and education around medicinal cannabinoids. We champion efforts toward improved scientific research, medical implementation, and public education. CED is dedicated to elevating the knowledge and conversation regarding the understanding and clinical implementation of medicinal cannabinoids.
Note: This is an academic internship. The internship is NOT plant-touching, does not involve interaction with plants or paraphernalia, nor does any violate any local, state, federal, or any other existing laws.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated business development intern to help us expand our company’s funnel of new prospects. You will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect potential clients. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target, and how to use all the resources available to you to generate new business opportunities. You have to be highly organized, love data, and be extra resourceful. This is part-time paid internship that is flexible in schedule, based on assignments that are paid based on project completion and not by time. Additional commissions are available for closing new business.
This internship position would be ideal for someone with a strong interest in B2B sales, Pharma sales, or healthcare as a career path. You’ll be spending a lot of time talking to healthcare professionals, business professionals, and creating social media engagement, so by the time we’re done with you, you’ll feel like a business development expert. Successful interns may be invited to work with CED part time during the school year, or encouraged to join the team full-time.
- Develop strategies to identify and gather additional information on new prospects
- Create and manage outbound prospecting lists that target healthcare centers, hospitals, elder care and wellness centers
- Work cooperatively with colleagues in marketing on a variety of lead generation initiatives, including email marketing, in-person events, face to face meetings and conferences.
- Cold-call healthcare providers to inquire about current problems and determine if eo is the right fit
- Create social media blog posts that educate the public
- Create infographics to share knowledge and attract potential customers
- Create video content and help CED curate others to participate in video content on our existing channels
- Participate in Clubhouse rooms, post on Faves or Relevnt
- Background & Interest in healthcare
- Proficient in Excel, and CRM Applications
- Ability to work in Boston Office at least 15 hours a week (full time over the summer)
- Excellent communication skills, especially via email and over the phone
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Prior successful sales and lead qualification a plus
- Goal-oriented; record of overachievement in previous pursuits
- High energy and great attitude
- Experience setting up prospecting lists, or working for startup companies
- A background in healthcare writing is ideal, although not necessary.
- Familiarity with popular social media channels (IG, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, Reddit)
- Adept facility with infographic creation tools such as Adobe Spark, Canva, and similars
- Familiarity with video creation (YouTube, TikTok, or similars)
College student or a recent college graduate in good standing. Skills and competencies based upon the above. Interns are requested to be available for communication by Slack, text, and/or telephone during usual business hours (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday)
· Wellesley, MA or Internet-Accessible Virtual Internship