COMMUNICATIONS (SOCIAL MEDIA) INTERNSHIP
The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) has an opening for a graduate-level, Communications Internship based either in Washington, D.C or remotely. Since 1985 CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy working at the local, national, and international levels. CCAP helps policymakers around the world to develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests.
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented summer intern to join our team approximately 3-4 days a week (20-25 hours/week), starting in April or May 2021. Depending on availability and workload, hours could be increased for the summer. This role will support the digital media staff to develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns to boost brand engagement and increase revenue. The duties and responsibilities of the Intern include:
• Manages CCAP’s social media accounts and posts content
• Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
• Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
• Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
• Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
• Support marketing team at live and online events
• Other duties as necessary
- Currently enrolled in graduate program in digital communications or related field such as advertising, journalism or graphic design
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snap, etc.
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Experience with content management systems, word processor applications and image/video editing software
- Experience in Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Interested in social media trends
- Copywriting and editing skills
- Available to work at least 20-25 hours per week or more
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
Applications, including a cover letter or brief personal statement (try to limit to 250 words) on why CCAP’s mission speaks to you and why you think you are a good fit for this role.
If applying to work in the US, applicants must be able to legally work in the U.S. (this includes student visa holders). CCAP will not sponsor applicants.
The Center for Clean Air Policy is an equal opportunity employer.